Thursday, January 18, 2018

A New Trend…Foam Flowers

One of the newest and most exciting trends hitting the U.S. today is to create realistic flowers using a protect called “Foamiran” or Foam Paper.


Yes, I said foam!  We are all familiar with the standard hobby-craft foam that we in the States have used for many years, but this is a extra thin, 0.6mm (about 0.02”) thick and in many beautiful colors and finishes. It is really extremely versatile. To my surprise, a good portion of the world has had this product for several years.  For more information, just go to Facebook and YouTube to check it out either foam flowers or foamiran – be prepared to be wowed!
Last summer, I discovered this product and at that time, had to order it from Ireland. Then in early fall I discovered that Whimsy Stamps in Florida carried a full line of colors and supplies. It is just so amazing – you can die cut as many as 6-7 layers of foam at one cutting. You can make more flowers from just that one cutting with your dies. And the prices are about equal to that of quality papers. 

From the videos that I have watched, many of the more professional creators draw out their petal and leaf patterns then hand cut for more size variety. 

Because of my physical situation, I elected to use an electric die cutter to cut my flowers. I can only imagine what I would do with scissors! May not look like anything recognizable. 

For my creations, I used many fantastic flower dies from Whimsy Stamps and several of those from Heartfelt Creations and Susan's Garden. There are just so many branded and unbranded flower dies on the market that selecting what you want is a challenge.

Again, thank you for stopping by today and would like to invite you to visit again soon. 

May God Bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment