Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Green Man –

The Green Man motif has many variations. Found in many cultures from many ages around the world, the Green Man is often related to natural vegetative deities. It is primarily interpreted as a symbol of rebirth, representing the cycle of growth each spring. 

Some speculate that the mythology of the Green Man developed independently in the traditions of separate ancient cultures and evolved into the wide variety of examples found throughout history.

I just finished this "Green Man" using Prismacolor Pencils. The original drawing is by C Kester from 2010 that I found on Pinterest. After nearly 4 days of enjoyment as well as experimenting with blending and shading, I finally finished!

This will be part of a grouping of 4 different Green Man drawings that we will mount in my crafting room. One more will be completed with Prismacolors pencils while the other two (featured here) have been completed using the fantastic alcohol based Chameleon Pens. I totally enjoy the versatility of these inks.




Will be starting my last Green Man next week. Wish I had an idea who the artist were for these as I would love to credit them for their imaginative renderings. If you know, please contact me. Also, any suggestions for finishing this Owl Guardian?

As always, I am so pleased that you stopped by today. Hope you enjoyed viewing my non-card-making, very different creative projects. 

There are so many ways of finding exciting ideas and trends for making our cards interesting and fun. What are your alternate creative activities...painting, coloring, photography or another exciting form where you can get away from reality for a few hours?  



No comments:

Post a Comment