Thursday, January 18, 2018

Aviary


Sometimes we see something while surfing the web that just lingers in our minds. Maybe a unique pattern, color combination, verse…but it just lingers in your mind. That was the case here.

My mother is in a Senior Memory Care location about two thousand miles from here. Traveling is difficult for me so we rarely get to visit. Sadly, she does not seem to remember me when I call so I like to send her flowers and also some of my handmade cards. When I saw this design, I knew that would be a beautiful way to say I Love and Miss You, Mom.

This beautiful embossed design (Aviary) is an Ann Griffin design and was released through Cuttlebug.  I used a golden white pearlescent cardstock for the impression, trimmed it to fit my card base. The Lily is a Whimsy Stamps die, cut from the same beautiful pearl paper. The paper is rather stiff so when scoring the veins, I was sure the petals would lift and hold its shape.

Sometimes we are hesitant to create a one color-on-color project, but results can be so astonishing. You may want to give it go sometime.

I really appreciate you stopping by today and hope you will let me know what you think of the very simple and clean project.

So, till later…May God Bless You and Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment